Summer is synonymous with heat, swimming, BBQs, evenings with friends and even MOSQUITOES! These not very pleasant little insects are sometimes legion on a hot and humid day and sneak everywhere! But, did you know that it can be easy to effectively repel mosquitoes both inside and outside the house?r?
Natural and effective mosquito repellents at home
Place on window sills, balconies, on the table, on the bedsides or anywhere to be protected:
- potted basil or peppermint plants,
- a bowl of tea infusion in which you have pressed a clove of garlic,
- an orange studded with cloves,
- bouquets of geraniums or potted geraniums.
Additionally, you can:
- spray lavender oil on your light bulbs before turning them on,
- equip your lamps with yellow tinted bulbs.
Anti-mosquito essential oils
Furthermore, several essential oils have the effect of repelling mosquitoes. Lemongrass essence (Indian verbena) is certainly the natural repellent mosquito repellent the best known, but others also have the property of chasing away mosquitoes naturally. These are the essential oils of:
Recipe for mosquito repellents based on essential oil for adults
In a spray bottle filled with water, a diffuser or on a cotton ball placed near your bed, pour this mixture:
- 5 drops of Indian Verbena essential oil
- 5 drops of Geranium essential oil